We do not collect or use personal information for any purpose other than to send information requested by you. We will not disclose your personal information to other organisations outside Visas for NZ Limited, including government agencies, without your permission.
2. DATA COLLECTED
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM USERS
When registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, passport number or other personal details to help you with your experience and to have your visa processed.
We collect personal information from Users when Users visit the Website, register on the Website, subscribe to our newsletter, or fill out a form.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect the information that is required to process your New Zealand visa application and provide associated services. Personal information is only collected if it is voluntarily submitted to us by a User. We also automatically collect basic computer information such as IP address, server information, browser type, and operating system.
Some examples of the types of data that may be collected includes, but is not limited to:
- Personal data: Such as, name, nationality, gender, details of your travel document (e.g. passport or ID), email address, telephone number and postal address, place & date of birth.
- Sensitive Personal data: marital status, health and character related information.
- Third persons: Children names, parents name, partner name, employers’ details,
- Communication data: Contact details such as email address, mobile phone number.
3. USE OF “COOKIES”
There are two types of cookies (a “cookie” is a small piece of computer code placed in one computer by another); “session cookies” which expire and “persistent cookies” which do not.
The Website does use session cookies to help us record site usage statistics, but they expire when User’s close their browser. We do not use persistent cookies.
4. WHAT WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR
We do not collect or use personal information for any purpose other than to send information to Users that they have requested. That may include:
- To provide you with an assessment of your eligibly for NZ visas
- To send periodic emails and newsletters
- The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to enquiries, and/or other requests or questions
5. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We have security policies, rules and technical measures in place that protect data under our control from:
- unauthorized access
- improper use or disclosure
- unauthorized modification
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
These are constantly reviewed and upgraded to keep us one jump ahead.
6. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties, including government agencies, without your consent.
We do not sell, trade, or rent User information to others.
7. RETENTION OF INFORMATION
We retain personal information we collect from Users where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so. Personal information may be deleted after 7 years in accordance with the Code of Conduct of the Immigration Advisers Authority.
8. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under New Zealand law, you have the right to request access to and correction of your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020. You are under no obligation to provide us with your personal information, but if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with our services.
In addition to the rights listed above, if you are in the European Economic Area (EEA) you also have rights, under Regulation (EU) 2016/679, to:
- access a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and request that we correct or update that information.
- request that we stop processing personal information about you and permanently delete it.
- ask for a copy of your personal information.